New Member ~ Hello from Ohio

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by JonM, Sep 25, 2012.

1. JonM

JonM Well-Known Member

Hello. Ive been lurking for a while, reading a lot and trying to learn the basics. Bowhunting is my firstlove but I am starting to get obsessed with the rifle. I have a remington 700 Varmit 308, I went with the 308 because I wasn't sure I wanted to reload and the 308 had so many options for mil surplus and match ammo. Now I'm sure that reloading is the way to go, both for quality and cost. I'll be uploading some pics of my project and asking questions.

Columbus,Ohio
    JonM

2. Hunter2678

Hunter2678 Well-Known Member

Get ready to start spendin some big bucks jonny!! :D

3. TH

TH Well-Known Member

Come to thunder valley and shoot Its one hour from columbus

4. Hunter2678

Ive heard from more than a few long range shooters that TV isn't the most welcoming of places to shoot. Talked to guys at Woodbury, Tusco, Briar Rabbit and Rayners and heard that.

5. TH

TH Well-Known Member

Have you ben there? I shot at TV for 8years never had an issue

6. Hunter2678

No not yet. Just havent heard alot of good from guys that have though.

7. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

I was going to say the same thing. Never heard a bad thing my self was just discussing it on another fourm this mornig. So guys took there first trip out there and had an awsome time.

8. JonM

JonM Well-Known Member

I actually emailed TV throught their "contact us" page on the web site a couple months ago. I asked what his training sessions cost and how much ammo would be needed. I wanted to establish a good 100yrd zero and all my data for comeups out to 1000yrds + ( Or whatever the gun is capable of). I never recieved a response. I kind of took that as, if I wasn't interested in buying one of his guns, he wasn't interested in me. That could be wrong, may have been just a computer glitch or whatever. No biggy. I would still be interested in shooting there. Rainers too. I've heard they have a nice place. My only problem is I work the weekends so I have to shoot Tues - Thurs.

9. Yogishooter

Yogishooter Member

????

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  10. JonM

JonM Well-Known Member

Yogishooter,

It appears from your posts you are affiliated with TV. Do you have any answers to my questions. What do the training classes cost? How much ammo would be needed? I'm just asking ballpark figure. I have a pretty solid 100 zero. I was just looking to fine tune and have the opportunity to shoot at longer range.

Thanks,
    Jon