New member from West of Ireland

Tikkat3tac

Hi all

After a long time reading posts on here, I have finally registered.

Living in the West of Ireland and I have been shooting and hunting for a few decades.

I shoot shotgun, Pcp air rifle, centrefire rifles for varmint, deer and long range.

Currently have scopes from Nightforce, Vortex, Swarovski and a few more.

Really interested in the various topics being discussed on here and although not all will be applicable to me, I look forward to posting and sharing my limited knowledge and of course learning from all of yours.

Happy holiday season to all

:)

Welcome to the forum. I'd be interested to learn about the PCP rifle. Never could quite get the confidence I was looking for in air rifle shooting while experiencing the Gamo, Airsoft, etc. Ended up sending all of them back when they didn't shoot under 12 MOA at 75 yards.

Thanks Fearnowind :)

My pcp is an Airarms s410 in a custom walnut stock made to my measurements. It has a standard Lothar Walter barrel and up until until recently had a Swarovski Ffp 1.5-6x42 scope on it for hunting. I recently replaced thats that for more mag and a better reticle in the vortex viper FFP pst mil mil scope 6-24x50 and it is a nice combo.

It groups very well with jsb jumbo heavy 18.13gr pellets running at around 30fpe I get a five shot group of .25 inch or 0.5968 MOA at 40 yards off the bipod. Here is a picture, excuse the homemade target but was zeroing at home.Smaller 3 shot group to the upper right of the final group when I got fully dialed in.

Great for vermin control and rabbit shooting.

20121111_135138.jpg

Hi Fearnowind

That is at full power, I generally keep it there unless I have a need to shoot lower power.

It's the versatility that I like it for to be honest. You might not need the hassle of rezeroing to adjust the power needed but it is there if you need it. I don't bother with a. 22lr at the moment as this covers my needs better.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.