New Member from Upstate NY

jinxed247

Hello everybody. I guess I should introduce myself. I am 29 years old, married with 3 girls and a boy. I enjoy shooting, hunting and fly fishing and I am just getting introduced into the long range shooting game so forgive my endless questions that I will no doubt have and have probably already been answered. I served a short time in the Marine Corps before breaking my wrist severly enough to get a bone graft and pins and screws added to my honorable discharge. I have been out for 8 years now and still have the itch now and then to get back in until my wife points out that I would probably get another divorce if I did! I trim cow hooves and will be taking over my dad's buisness by this summer.
I have always had an interest in long range shooting. My longest kill is at 512 yards on a woodchuck with a "300 dollar throw-away-gun" as my friends like to call it. Now that I will be making some decent money I was looking into shooting in some long range matches and honing up on some shooting skills because some of the farms that I hunt you can not enter without the deer knowing that you are there so you are left with 600-800 yard shots. I figured I should learn some stuff first before I started flinging lead down range. Thanks in advance for all the advice and critiscism and i look forward to hearing from you all.
John

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.