New Member from PA.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by ACKLEY NUT, Aug 20, 2008.

1. ACKLEY NUT

ACKLEY NUT Member

Not much good at this computer stuff, been looking at this site for almost a year now,finally got up the nerve to join and ask some questions of my own. New to this long range hunting, been hunting from tree stands since 1962 a long time before it was common thing to do. I was taught to get in the tree and stay from daylight till dark, almost froze in the early years, sometimes it never got above -5 degrees all day in northern Tioga County, Pa. Killed a fair percentage of the time,but deer numbers have gotten alot less in recent years. Hunted a long time with a 25/06 Ackley Imp. but just recently purchased a 6.5/06 Ackley Imp. Anxious to try it out on some longer range deer.

2. Joel Russo

Joel Russo Official LRH Sponsor

Welcome aboard Ackley, you'll find this is a friendly place to ask all your questions. Take advantage of the wealth of knowledge here..
    I'm only a few miles north of you.

3. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Welcome to Long Range Hunting. Glad you joined us.
    ;)
    Don't be bashful, join right in.

4. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

Ackley, welcome aboard. which direction are ya from Gettysburg? i'm right below Chambersburg, the metropolus of Greencastle.

5. ACKLEY NUT

ACKLEY NUT Member

HI! Dave I live about 18 miles north of Gettysburg on Rt. 34 in Gardners, about 10 miles south of Carlisle.Have hunted in northern Tioga county since 1962 a member of a cabin close to Mansfield.

6. JUDD

JUDD Well-Known Member

Welcome Ackley!!

Bloomsburg pa here