New member from North Dakota

dwtrees

Hi All,

I just found this site while searching for a CS24B Foxpro caller. There was an old post on here the one of the members had one for sale. I do have an interest in long range shooting but not much experience doing it. I attended a long range shoot once with my 45-70 pedersoli sharps and was shooting out to 909 yards. I actually hit the life sized buffalo 4 out of 6 times. Now I like to hunt prairie dogs at the longer ranges, 400 to 600 yards. After that I have a hard time seeing them. I am presently shooting a Savage 22-250 with the accutrigger, Leopold 4.5 X 14 X 40 VXIII scope and a Boyds featherlight thumbhole stock. Shooting 60 grain soft point or the Vmax for hunting.

Welcome!!! You will find the information on this site overwhelming at times, however always helpful. Do you do any big game hunting?

I hunt deer with rifle and muzzle loader when I get drawn for a tag. Have had good success with rifle but not so good with muzzle loader.

Excellent! What unit do you hunt for deer? Is your main rifle your 22-250?

I hunt units 3f1 and 4f. Have never been turned down for a tag but only get a buck every third year. I've been turned down for smoke pole for the last 5 years. This year HAS to be my year!! :D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts