New member from North Carolina

Hunter1978

Would just like to start of by saying hey to everyone here. Well I have been hunting and fishing all my life but buddy bought him a remington VTR in .308 cal. I liked they way it shot pretty cheap to shoot and hardly in recoil. I have always hunted with my .270, 30-06, or my 7mm rem mag. And just used it as an excuse to by another gun. Bought a rem 700 5R in .308 and love it. I have shot it out to 400yds ill post a pic of the group when i figure out how to post them on here. Need more scope now been looking at reviews just dont know what i want or need to get, sure of one thing though the wife wont be pleased! Right now i have a 6x18-40 VXII leupold on it, but no mil dots etc. so scope is limited at ranges i want to shoot. But i can tell yall this the long range bug has got me now and it a whole nother ball game compared to deer hunting in the woods where i hunt 200yds is a long shot at a deer lol. Well hope to learn somethings on here from everyone and yall take it easy.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.