New Member from Louisiana

I make oil

Hello all. New member here from Louisiana. I am 40 years old and have hunted in Louisiana and Mississippi most of my life. I have camped with my family in Tenn many times that is about all I know about mountains. I am now 40 going to be 41 in July and have read and dreamed about hunting in the mountains all my life. I guess I am not getting any younger so here I go. I am going to start getting my gear together and getting into shape to try it out. Right now is the beginning of my planning/prep stage. I am thinking I should start in Colorado with a cow elk tag. I bow and gun hunt mostly with a TC Contender now. I am all about the experience and the meat not much of a trophy hunter. The trophy to me is the experience. Looking forward reading and sharing.:)

Welcome neighbor.

You are right about Elk hunting in Colorado .

I have been hunting Colorado with bow and rifle (Mostly bow) for almost 30
years and even the worst hunt was a great experience.

J E CUSTOM

Heck if you can live thru the humidity down in Looosiana, the Rockies dont have much to offer you for a challenge. A little more verticle, a little more wide open, and a little less air maybe, but nothing like the torture of the humidity down south.
:D Good luck, and glad to have you here.
TJsBearHunt2008047-1.jpg
This is the breaks of the
Snake River, kinda steep, but only half the elevation of some of the Colorado
slopes. And less than half the elevation of the fourteener's. But if your in shape,
you'll never do anything more fun than Hunt, Camp, Fish, Play etc. in the
Mountains

Thanks for the welcome. Winmag that is some pretty steep ground. You are right about the heat. I work in Brazil right now and the weather down here is very mild compared to home. However I have worked in the Middle East and Africa, so I know a little about heat!

I am looking forward to hunting Colorado right now. There is lots of info on the net. Sometimes it is a bit much to tell the truth. It is tough picking out what I need to know. Oh well half the fun to me is in the planning. :)

Welcome to LRH! Read a lot and ask a lot of questions. Everyone here is willing to help. Some people will even tell you stuff they know nothing about!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts