New Member From KY

scsims

Hello, I'm new to this forum and would like to introduce myself. I have always been intrested with long range shooting and have slowly progressed to shooting farther and farther.

I currently have a Rem VLS .243 Free floated with fiberglass and piller bedding. It shoots 85 gr Sierra HPBT at .25" at the best and I can usaully hold it under 1" unless I'm in a hurry.

I have a Rem 700 ADL .270 that shoots close to 1" with my reloads for deer.

And I have a .223 AR 15 Dtech Technologies rifle that is awesome that will hold most factory round at or under an inch.

Of cousre these are all 100 yard measurements. I would love to practice at farther ranges but the furthest I can shoot is off my deck at 300 yards. And with the 243 I can get 2" groups a 300 fairly easily but the wind is hard on the 85 HPBT with a BC of .282.

Any way I love this forum and my furthest kill so far is 260 with the 243 on a crow.

Thanks,
Scott

Sorry for the delay, I'm from Harrodsburg in central KY.
Hey neighbor. I'm from Frankfort. I fish a pay lake in Harrodsburg. The cost of gas has sort of cancelled that lake from my fishing spots. I hunt Henry county and my farthest kill has been on an 8 pt buck at 546 yards. Welcome to the forum.

Jack

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.