New member and his guns

Longshot38

Guys I'm the new guy on the block and figured since I post an introduction I would post some pics also to complete it. These are my two long range rigs currently (a third is on the way to complete the trio):

100_0086.jpg

The black rifle is a custom Remington 700 in 300 weatherby mag built by LOSOK custom arms and the green one is a custom 7mm Remington Magnum that the metal work was done by Pac-Nor and I completed.

great looking pair! how do you like the stock on the 300?

I love the Bell and Carlson on the 300. The grip on it is much more comfortable then that of a mcmillian and the forend is desined to provide a nice stable platform that is comfortable and easy to grip when shooting off hand.

Nice looking rigs. Bell&Carlson make some pretty good looking stocks. Welcome aboard.

W.

Welcome, those are both fine looking rifles you have there. How do they shoot?

Thanks! Both are real shooters. Both will hold 1/4 moa all day if you do your part. And the longest shot I've made to date came from the 300 (1226 yards, and it was to a steel plate and not game). My only complaint with them is the recoil; the 7mm isn't bad due to it being about 20lbs. However the 300 is lighter coming in around 15 lbs. Thus it punishes your shoulder a bit, but that problem is being solved with the addition of a suppressor.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.