New member and his guns

Discussion in 'Gun Photos' started by Longshot38, May 3, 2008.

1. Longshot38

Longshot38 Well-Known Member

Guys I'm the new guy on the block and figured since I post an introduction I would post some pics also to complete it. These are my two long range rigs currently (a third is on the way to complete the trio):

[​IMG]

The black rifle is a custom Remington 700 in 300 weatherby mag built by LOSOK custom arms and the green one is a custom 7mm Remington Magnum that the metal work was done by Pac-Nor and I completed.

2. ARPredatorHunters

ARPredatorHunters Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. Good looking sticks you got.

3. browningvarmintwssm

browningvarmintwssm Active Member

great looking pair! how do you like the stock on the 300?

4. Longshot38

I love the Bell and Carlson on the 300. The grip on it is much more comfortable then that of a mcmillian and the forend is desined to provide a nice stable platform that is comfortable and easy to grip when shooting off hand.

5. wildcat

wildcat Well-Known Member

Nice looking rigs. Bell&Carlson make some pretty good looking stocks. Welcome aboard.

W.

6. Capt Academy

Capt Academy Well-Known Member

Welcome, those are both fine looking rifles you have there. How do they shoot?

7. Longshot38

Thanks! Both are real shooters. Both will hold 1/4 moa all day if you do your part. And the longest shot I've made to date came from the 300 (1226 yards, and it was to a steel plate and not game). My only complaint with them is the recoil; the 7mm isn't bad due to it being about 20lbs. However the 300 is lighter coming in around 15 lbs. Thus it punishes your shoulder a bit, but that problem is being solved with the addition of a suppressor.