• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED "NEW" MCR 7mm Dakota F/S

I'll gather up my load data and get back to you. I'm pretty sure I started at 73gr and went as high as 77 before I hit pressure.

Went to the range today, 109 deg and a heat advisory warning, lovely day. Fired some starting loads for break in and a few 3 shot groups to start working on a load. I will try and post all of the info in another post since there isn't much detail out there for the 7mm Dakota.

This was 71g Retumbo, COAL 3.68, chrono 2930fps, 2928 , 2924, showed some promise not quite to the lands yet. Anyway it is already obvious the gun can shoot far better than I. I was using a really basic rest and and just starting out, pretty happy so far. :D

Attachments

• target1.jpg
    target1.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I finally got out a couple of times last month to shoot this rifle at longer ranges. I settled on 75g H1000 for the 180gr VLD's, around 3,050 fps. Here are my results out to 750, wind was 2-6mph so not too terrible. I realize this is not very far for some of you but first time I have shot past 600yds.

First is 300 yds, larger hole on the left was the 300 RUM.
2nd was 400, still trying to figure the wind out and make final adjustments to scope and to Shooter input on my phone.
3rd was 500, I was so tickled after the 1st two I went to the 750. I actually aimed at the right half of the target since it was partially covered with tall grass. AR plate for this target so no holes.
Then to 750 yds. 1st two aimed right corner thought I was between mil clicks second two were aiming for bulls eye.
Last is the picture of where I was shooting from.

I went on a coues deer hunt last week but only saw does does and a few spikes. I had my dad and a buddy pick a rock at 750 the last day and dialed it in. My buddy just says "dude you missed what were you aiming for " then he starts laughing and says you hit it absolutely dead center, I am impressed. Couldn't improve on that, left it at 1 shot and put the gun away.

Will get out and work out to 1K in a couple of weeks. I guess I should move this to the shooting section next time.

Attachments

• 300yds.jpg
    300yds.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 400.jpg
    400.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 500yds.jpg
    500yds.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 750yds.jpg
    750yds.jpg