New Map feature!

bwaites

If some of you shoot the way you put stick pins in the map feature than the big game population has no fears!:)

So far there is a push pin in an intersection, one in a field, etc.:D

Geez guys, I thought this forum was about accuracy!!!

Bill

Mine is prabably the one in the field.It's no longer a feild yahoo just hasen't maped it out yet for some reason.well i guess 5 years isn't enuff time for them to catch up

yeah i just noticed it moved mine to.i guess yahoo has keep up with the times my house is there.

if you look at it the feild behind it i have 2 deer come and eat off an apple tree. nice late evening view untill my son yells out boom wait 2 months and come back.

I just stuck my pin in! Pretty much exactly where my 38ft 5th wheel is sittin. If you look close you can see me sittin out front around my firering checking out the LongRangeHunting forum on my wireless connection....

Actually kinda neat to see where all you guys are from.

There are an AWFUL lot of pins in empty fields, or worse yet, on mountains sides. I can understand that houses MIGHT have been built in those fields, but the pins on 45 degree slopes are ludicrous.

I understand if you don't want everyone on the web to know where you live, but it just clutters up the map if all you are doing is poking a pin in to poke a pin in!

Bill

My pin is exactly where my home is. Well this is my summer/fall home. Sitting way up in a canyon, up on a (some parts nearly 45 degree) hillside near Goebel canyon. The reselution is not clear enough in this rural area to actually see my trailer. I can go weeks without seeing anyone up here!

Funny, I see that someone lives at an airport! I think that was a movie with Tom Hanks in it....

If any one has problems placing the pins, this copy of another post might help.

If any one has problems placing the pins, this copy of another post might help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilson
how do you get the pin to stay on there? i've put it on twice and it disappears.

Dave,
The first thing you need to do is get the coordinates for you place or something close by; that'd be Latitude and Longitude.
Second you click on Googlemap ME up on top of page and you'll see this
4tgh549.jpg

Please notice that on top of this poto there is something that looks like this: [Your entry], when you click on that you get this:

4lzsyec.jpg

We're close! You need to fill in where it says "Maker Title", the "Marker Test" and the yellow test boxes for latitude and longitue. You can fill in for URL of the image for the marker if you want or leave it blank for now.
At the verry buttom, you need to scroll down, there is a button that says update your information. Click on it.
Your done and Finished.
If you nee help to get those coordinates, send an address of your place or any other place close by and I will get those humbers for you.
Good luck!

OK, OK, I put mine where I'd like to be, not where I live. Do I have to point to my house?

I have no problems with not putting it on your house, I respect peoples right to privacy.

BUT...if you don't put it on your house, at least put a note saying WHY you put it where you did!!:)

Bill

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.