Rem 700 short action
Broughton 5-C 11 twist
Sako Varmint McMillan Stock
Badger Lug and 20MOA Base
HS mag box
Leupold VX-III 4.5-14 w/Mark 4 rings
Total package 12.6 LBS
More to come.

12 rounds down the tube today. 1 to get on target then 1st target H-4350 shoot and clean the first 3 then shot4,5,6, in a row.Cleaned and tried the R-22 load for 3 then cleaned and shot the only 2 I had left.

Here's the pics you wanted posted.

f28a27d9.jpg

f28a27d0.jpg

f28a27cf.jpg

some things in life are to easy...

hey D. did ya get a chance to chrony the load??

Not trying to steal your post, but just wanted to give some overdue credit to Chris on one he built for me not too long ago. Don't mind the date on the picture. I never reset it in the camera.

M70 Action
7mm Rem Mag
7.75 Broughton Barrel
Badger rings and bases (20MOA)
Nikon Tactical 4-16x50
McMillan A-5

Load is 59.0gr of IMR4350, 175gr SMK, CCI Mag Primer
Avg speed is about 2912 fps. I did screw up one shot, but the 4 rounds near the center measured 0.05".

You're right Ric, this is too easy. What do I do now? Guess I'll give Chris a call for another one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

f28666ae.jpg

f28a19ae.jpg

Ric
Not yet, in my last 300 WSM 24" Hart Barrel that load was 2925. Hope to get it out to 300 yards in the morning and Crony.

I'm jealous of the RL-22 load. My rifles won't burn that slow a powder effectively at appreciable velocities. I could only get 2950 with them in my Model 7 with 165 gr Grand Slams. Varget is much more consistent and a bit faster with less wear/tear on my RP brass. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif(

Next will be to try the 180 gr AB as soon as my source gets some more in stock.

Got out today and tested at 300 yards with crony. Numbers were low 2800 fps with the 180NBT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gifBut on the bright side no signs of pressure and it shot a .570 three shot group /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Any thoughts?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts