New long range hunting and shooting combo.

Denny2277

Ok, so I have my scope. Vortex Viper HS 4-16x50. I'll be using Burris 30mm medium Zee rings on a Savage Weather Warrior Model 16 FCSS in 270WSM. My plan for hunting is to use 140 grain Nosler Accubonds hopefuly at around 3200fps. What do ya'll think? Any suggestions? Do any of you have a setup similar to this, and if so how does it work?

Last edited:
Ok, so I have my scope. Vortex Viper HS 4-16x50. I'll be using Burris 30mm mediumZee rings on a Savage Weather Warrior Model 16 FCSS in 270WSM. My plan for hunting is to use 140 grain Nosler Accubonds hopefuly at around 3200fps. What do ya'll think? Any suggestions? Do any of you have a setup similar to this, and if so how does it work?

Sounds like a wonderful set up you have there. Smart man going with the burris rings, vortex scope, and going with a shortmag..Looks like your a smart guy and dont need much advice. haaha Your okay in my book. even though my book is pretty small :D I say take her out and shoot her!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.