New (kinda) from K.C.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by jonthomps, Mar 4, 2010.

1. jonthomps

jonthomps Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I've read LOTS of post here and have sold a few things but I've not posted much. A huge "Thank You" to all the regular poster's - ya'll are an absolute goldmine of long range wisdom! You've saved me some headaches for sure. Guns? My latest baby is a G.A. Precision 338 LM full tactical set up (she's mostly OD green so I named her Godzilla) with a 5-25 Premier Reticles Heritage from Mike at C.S. Tactical (great guy by the way). My longest kill was a whitetail buck across a corn field - 716 yds.

Glad to officially be here!

Jon

2. winmag

winmag Well-Known Member

Wow, lots of Misouri guys jumpin on the last couple weeks. Sounds like a nice rig. hows it shoot? look fwd to reading some of your posts

3. jonthomps

jonthomps Well-Known Member

Hi winmag,

G.A. Precision (George Gardner's shop) REALLY knows how to build a good gun - it shoots like a dream! It will regularly cloverleaf three and four-shot Lapua factory ammo groups @ 100m. Hitting milk jugs at anything closer than 800m borders on boring. I just shoot factory loads right now because (like everyone else who owns a 338 anything) I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of Berger's 300gr pills.

With the scope it tips the scales at 19 lbs. That makes packing it around a bit of a hassle, but recoil is a gentle roll back into your shoulder. Anyway, I HIGHLY recommend George, great guy, very knowledgeable. From what I've read though, there are a few really good smith's on this site too, and guys that can really squeeze every last drop of accuracy out of their already stellar machines.

4. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info. Enjoy.