New (kinda) from K.C.

jonthomps

Hi All,

I've read LOTS of post here and have sold a few things but I've not posted much. A huge "Thank You" to all the regular poster's - ya'll are an absolute goldmine of long range wisdom! You've saved me some headaches for sure. Guns? My latest baby is a G.A. Precision 338 LM full tactical set up (she's mostly OD green so I named her Godzilla) with a 5-25 Premier Reticles Heritage from Mike at C.S. Tactical (great guy by the way). My longest kill was a whitetail buck across a corn field - 716 yds.

Glad to officially be here!

Jon

Wow, lots of Misouri guys jumpin on the last couple weeks. Sounds like a nice rig. hows it shoot? look fwd to reading some of your posts

Hi winmag,

G.A. Precision (George Gardner's shop) REALLY knows how to build a good gun - it shoots like a dream! It will regularly cloverleaf three and four-shot Lapua factory ammo groups @ 100m. Hitting milk jugs at anything closer than 800m borders on boring. I just shoot factory loads right now because (like everyone else who owns a 338 anything) I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of Berger's 300gr pills.

With the scope it tips the scales at 19 lbs. That makes packing it around a bit of a hassle, but recoil is a gentle roll back into your shoulder. Anyway, I HIGHLY recommend George, great guy, very knowledgeable. From what I've read though, there are a few really good smith's on this site too, and guys that can really squeeze every last drop of accuracy out of their already stellar machines.

Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info. Enjoy.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.