New Kayak Seat

Bowhunter57

My last modification didn't fare so well, so I went back to the drawing board on this one. I decided to install a bass boat style of seat, for the comfort factor....the same seat that I attempted to install the last time, but with a better engineering idea. lightbulb However, the engineering of getting it installed as been something of a brain burner. :rolleyes:

I wanted to use the existing holes and definately didn't want to drill into the hull. So, I designed a craddle of sorts, to mount the seat on and then bolted the craddle in the same place the old seat was fastened.

I've only sat in it on the ground, but plan on putting it in the water later today to see how well it works. I was a little concerned, at first, as the seat seemed a little squirrely and didn't sit tightly in one place. After sitting in it, that changed and it sits very solid and stable.

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 101KB.
FoldedSeat.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 100KB.
NewSeat1.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 96KB.
NewSeat2.jpg

Bowhunter57

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts