New JLKs

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by dbhostler, Jan 6, 2007.

1. dbhostler

dbhostler Well-Known Member

Anyone try the new JLKs since Jimmy sold the business? Would be interested in the .30 cal. bullets.
    db

2. LOBO

LOBO Well-Known Member

I'm curious about the 30 and 224 bullets myself.

Chris

3. abinok

abinok Writers Guild

Ive got no personal experence... but I met one guy who does... the scuba instructor I met on vacation (in branson) shoots highpower, and lives a few doors down from swampy. He says the new bullets are still just as good as ever.
    I know its kinda... I know a guy who knows a guy... but in talking to him for the better part of an hour, I figured out he knew his stuff... and good from bad.

4. dbhostler

I guess the real way to find out is order a few. I think it's been about a year since Swampy bought JLK so I would think he would have a handle on it by now. The 300 RUM I have likes the 210s real well so I think I'll give Steve a call. I'll spin a few and let you know, if you are interested.
    db

5. LOBO

LOBO Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in how they do.

Chris

6. dbhostler

Will do.
    db

7. dbhostler

Gonna haffa put this off for a while at least with the 210s. Talked to Steve today and he said the dies were ruined by a machinist and must make new ones. Maybe have more info in March.
    db