new IR chronograph questions

WST416

I need to buy a new IR chronograph for an indoor shooting range and was looking for guys who have have used these to try and led me down the path to which one is the best. I have read all the reviews I could on the CED and Pact and still don't have a better answer. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you thought about one of these instead? They don't need sun light. There has been a pretty good discussion/s about them over on snipers hide.

MagnetoSpeed

I have not seen these before, interesting has anyone any experience with them on this site? Might be ok after load development for accuracy to find mv but I would think it could change the barrel harmonics if it remained on fully during load work up and change group potential.

Based on everything I've read it definitely changes POI a little but the actual groups are unaffected.

Read these 3 pages and it could help answer some of your questions.

Magneto Speed magnetic chronograph

I've been on the fence about purchasing a Magnetospeed because the POI issue/s concerned me but if all it does is change POI but has no negative affect on groups size, I could be ordering one sooner than later. You certainly can't deny its size and ease of setup.

I hopped off the fence and took the plunge last night after posting here.

I did as much reading about them last night as I could and from everything I could read, they only affect POI not actual group size, which is what I've been reading about up till now as well. It sounds like the POI with the Magnetospeed attached typically raises POI anywhere from 1-3inches but group size is unaffected.

Should have one in a week or so and will hopefully have time to play with it before we leave for Banff for ski racing camp. Not for me, I'm to old and fat, but for my daughter. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.