New haven m70

$400-$500 is probably a fair price for that rifle. At the lower end if you sell it to a shop; at the higher end if you're selling it to a private buyer.

The retired farmer next to my cabin ask me to sell a few gun for him. 5 years ago he lost a leg dew to diabetes. His neighbor cuts hay off. One gun that he has is a newhaven m70 sporter 7mm mag. It road in the truck and tractor. Blueing is good Woodstock has some scratches into it. Leupold 3-9-32 He thought maybe 3-4 boxes ammo threw it. Looking for value to take to gun shop. I tried the serial # couldn't find year was made.
I'd be interested in the rifle, if you haven't sold it already. Quality be damned, I like the old xtr's. Shoot me a PM, with what you're asking.

Wish I could see the butt. Let's assume some scratches. I'm actually quite stumped about what grade it is. Winchester seems to make Featherweight, Sporter and Super Grade. They also makes some "special" grade guns each year. With forend capped/lined, gloss finish, and the jeweled bolt, I'm thinking super grade or some "special". Supergrade marked as such on the triggerguard.

I think mid to later 2000's is the right timeframe. I have one from that timeframe that was very well made, IMO.

In great condition, I think it would retail in the $1000 range. I would reduce by $400 for stock damage based on your description, not on what I see in pics. It looks slightly better in those pics. Then I would add $200 for a Leupold Golden Ring scope. So, $800 retail price in the "gun room" at Cabelas.

I think you could sell to a a Winchester 70 shooter looking for a new rifle for $700. $550ish to somebody less interested. Selling to a retail store will generally net you 50% of full retail price....like $400.

i might be overvaluing the scope by $50, depending on its age. I'm almost guessing at the condition, since the most important part, butt & grip not shown.
It is a push feed. It is not a 2000's rifle. It is between 1964 and 1992. In 1992 Winchester re-introduced the CRF (Control Round Feed) with the M70 Classic.

It is a push feed. It is not a 2000's rifle. It is between 1964 and 1992. In 1992 Winchester re-introduced the CRF (Control Round Feed) with the M70 Classic.
I'll bet you guys are right that I'm way over valuing since it is a push feed. Thanks for the clarity.

I'll bet you guys are right that I'm way over valuing since it is a push feed. Thanks for the clarity.
I don't know values. I would check to see what they are asking on Gunbroker and gaunsmaerrica to get an ideal. Take the information stumped on the barrel and do a search.

That is a M70 XTR, push feed for sure, I believe they also came with open sights that are not on the gun, cut checkering for sure on a walnut stock.
I had one in 7mm RM and it was very accurate and well fitting rifle for me.
I no longer have any push feed M70's but I did cut my teeth on them and still prefer Win CRF for hunting rifles over M700's.
bb

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.