New Harris Bi-pod fell apart. :(

Sheldon

I bought a new harris 25C S series bi-pod this summer and used it briefly on a caribou hunt in septmeber. I took it out for coyotes last weekend and on the second stand, the right leg would not stay in the locked extended position. It took a couple of tries before i noticed that the pin and spring were missing from the release button on the leg. They must have ejected into the snow. I had noticed before that the ring attached to the buttons that the leg goes through were not seated into the nothces on the sides, but because they are torqued at an angle, they seemed to be secured just fine. Perhaps they were not installed correctly from the factory. Anyway, I now have a somewhat expensive, but useless bi-pod and no one seems to know how to get it repaired or fixed. I can't find any info on warranty on the web. Has anyone here ever had to get warranty on a harris Bi-pod and how did you go about it?

Thanks in advance!

I have had some dealings with the Harris people and they are great. I would simply call them, explain the problem and ask if you can return it, I am confident they will fix or replace very quickly. Last time I talked to them they did not have e-mail.

Just before Christmas I called Harris about a small part that broke on my bipod. Just the little spring steel clevis that holds the arms that grab the swivel stud (hope you can follow that). I asked them to send me a replacement with an invoice or I can give CC #. They said not to worry about it and took my address. I recieved not one, but two of the pieces as well as the assembly that attatches to the swivel stud (no legs, just the middle part). There was no bill or charge. They didn't even ask about the postage. First rate in my book. I'll never buy another make of bipod, I don't care what they cost. Here's their number...

(270)334-3633

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.