New guy

timmymic

I just bought a264 win mag and want to start reloading! Any suggestions of a start kit/ package to buy to get started?

Welcome to reloading - it is a fun and rewarding hobby. The link Metalhead posted above is a good place to start seeing what others are doing/prefer. I highly recommend buying and reading a few manuals as well. I'll shoot you a PM as well.

Good luck!

The links are a great read but I bought the Lee press a couple of years back and it worked ok but if I had to do it over again I would had bought and RCBS kit. Or if I done my homeworrk better I would of bought the cast iron press from Lee. Reguardless I now own a rock crusher RCBS press and it never has a problem resizing my cases. With the alluminum Lee press I was never able to get the necked down sholder correctly resized (257 Wby) and they would not chamber in my rifle. I tried setting up the dye several time and then tried to screw it down futher so it had to make the sholder but all it did is damage the brass. Still did not understand what was the issue but a went out and bought a RCBS press and the issue went away on the first resize. Same die set. I later found out that I slightly warped the pin on the ram that the handle is attached to so this was my issue. I had another friend buy a foster press and loved it as well. Never had an issue and the foster press is extremly strong. Easy to crush brass as well if the dies is set wrong. I do believe you could peice some used stuff together probally and save some money or buy a kit and save some money. Dont do what I did and buy new here and there because it can be much more cost buying one at a time but you do get what you want.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.