New guy waving from virginia....hello guys!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by ThuMachinist, Feb 1, 2013.

1. ThuMachinist

ThuMachinist New Member

Hello to all!!

I am in the process of trying my first real BR build. I have been around Br
    For years and i finally decided i want to build my own. Im thinkin a 6br will
    Be my first build. I would love for some of u guys to give me some pointers
    Or some "what not to do's" thanks and i look foreward to meeting you fellows!!

2. trebark

trebark Well-Known Member

Welcome to LRH. Be ready for a bunch of money to start leaking out of your wallet!

As for tips and advice, tell us a little bit more about the rifle you want to build. What do you already have? what's your budget? will it be BR exclusively or might it have another role?

3. ThuMachinist

ThuMachinist New Member

Hello trebark!

Im wanting to build a very acurate rifle and not strictly for Br shooting.
    I have a few remington 700 rifles and im thinking of using the action off one
    Of them for my build. I also have a 6mm ppc barrel that i picked up some time
    Ago. I have done rite much shooting at 3 an 4 hundred yards but id like to have
    A rifle that can produce good groups at 600 plus yards and from what iv read the ppc
    Is more of a 200 yd gun. From the looks of the cartridges i should be able to rechamber
    The ppc to a 6br...do u know if that is correct? I know this can get costly and i do not
    Mind spending the money on quality parts but for my first build i think im gona go with what i have here at my despence just to see how it turnes out.