New guy from SW WYO. Go pokes.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by wyo7, Oct 4, 2009.

1. wyo7

wyo7 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. I've been reading this forum for quite a while. Learning. Now that I have some free time I figured I'd try to get involved in some discussions and hopefully make some new friends who have similar interests. I'm a huge 7mm fan, high BC's and low recoil :)

Riccogun)

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Welcome to Long Range Hunting Ricco.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. wyo7

wyo7 Well-Known Member

Thanks! Nice 7mm AM there. I've sent Kirby some starter money to get going on one of my own. I keep running the ballistics program again and again and again. I can't believe what its capable of. How is the recoil? That's my main concern. I hate ear killing muzzle breaks but I took his advice and will be putting one on. Hopefully I can remember to put ear plugs in while hunting.

4. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Congratulations on getting a 7mm AM going for yourself. You'll love it.:) The recoil in mine is really nothing and yup, the ballistics are something. Things happen in a hurry when you pull the trigger. Here's a link to some video of shots with the 7mm AM and 200 grain Wildcats. http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/oh-bleep-moment-plus-success-also-34889/

You can read about the brake and see the results in this link. http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/testing-aps-painkiller-muzzle-brake-31231/

I wear hearing protection any time I shoot whether I'm practicing or hunting. Any properly designed brake will increase shooter sensed blast and I found that even though the PK brake is angled the sound level was no different than the original small brake I had on it.

5. wyo7

wyo7 Well-Known Member

Hey thanks so much. I'll check the links out for sure. :)

6. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Ricco,

Welcome aboard.

Not to rain on your and ss7mm's parade but the 7 AM is pecker wood.:D With the 200 gr Wildcat its probably only good to maybe 1200-1400 yards on a PD. Most probably farther on an animal of some size.:D:D

I'm workin' on a great PD spot near Ft. Bridger. Wanna give it a go next year?

You can get even with me for being a smart a$$ then.:rolleyes:

7. wyo7

wyo7 Well-Known Member

Sure I'd like to go shooting with ya. 200gr bullet is big enough for me and anything in Wyo that I hunt. Maybe down the road step up to the 338 AM, but I'll work my way up to that. I know some folks around the Ft Bridger area that are long rang shooters. Who are you planning on shooting with?

8. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Just kiddin' about the pecker wood thing.:)

Not planning on shooting with anyone yet. My financial guy has a place over there that he says is over run with the things. It's about time I take him up on his offer.

9. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Damn, I thought I could trust that guy up by Fort Shaw. I guess I might as well sell it and by a 308 so I can finally do some long range shooting.:)

10. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Things would probably go better for ya if you'd learn to shoot that thang!:D

Yeah, that guy in Ft. Shaw should be getting close to completion on a dangerous game rig for me. But from his most recent posts his rifles seem to be just for busting rocks.:)

11. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Not just any rocks though. He specializes in killer rocks and they need "bustin":)