New guy from Oregon

JLDavid

Learned about this site from Joel Russo today. He is making me a stock and suggested checking LRH out. Can't wait to start going through the threads and learning more about the art of long range hunting. I live in Heppner, OR at the base of the Blue Mountains which has good mule deer and elk hunting along with a seemingly endless coyote population.

Learned about this site from Joel Russo today. He is making me a stock and suggested checking LRH out. Can't wait to start going through the threads and learning more about the art of long range hunting. I live in Heppner, OR at the base of the Blue Mountains which has good mule deer and elk hunting along with a seemingly endless coyote population.

Glad to see you found it... welcome..:)
Great place to hang out and learn more about our sport. More knowledge and respect for others on here than most other forums...
There's a bunch of members on here from your neck of the woods.

Glad you found L/R/H.
I currently live in Redmond, and while I like central Oregon, Halfway, or just about anywhere else in Baker County is where I call "home".
You certainly found a good place to hang out. Ive learned more in a short time here, than I ever thought possible. Theres a ton of knowledge here, and alot of polite folks. Hope you like L/R/H as much as we do.

So what is Joel carving on for you? Got a certain project goin we need to know about?:)gun) He does some amazing work, so whatever it is Im sure youll be impressed, and quite happy with the end result.

WinMag,
Joel is making an A5 for a long action Howa with a 1.250" straight barrel. He had a piece of vivid orange and black so this will be my OSU rifle. GO BEAVS!! The rifle will be a 7mm Magnum used primarily for long range deer and elk but when it is slow, coyotes beware. I am following the flock and delving into the Berger bullet craze. Hopefully I can find a combo that works.
I am origionally from Jordan Valley so I know why you love that Baker County country. It has about eveything a hunter could wish for. I lived in Madras for a couple of years but just didn't like the area as much.
I am on 6mmBR a lot and like this site, there is a ton of great info out there and guys that are willing to share with other like minded people. Thanks to all for the kind welcome.

Do you know any of the Stanfords (Francis, or Shari), Mckay's (Tyler), or Browns (Vern, or Vickie)? Guess the Browns were closer to Burns, than J/V, but still. I rodeoed at T.V.C.C., and/or went to class with the above mentioned. Great folks. Long live the Big Loop!! Great place-Jordon Valley.
Oh and ya GO BEAVES! for sure! Im stickin with my support of the Agg schools no matter how OSU, or WSU, rank in the polls compared to thier syblings. At least they all had rodeo teams, and were fun to compete against. The only colleges I struggle with choosing who to cheer for is U of I, and BSU....Just cant decide. Love U of I and thier agg program, but BSU is so dang fun to watch.....:D

Well cant wait to see the rifle when its complete. Im sure your waiting on pinns and needles.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.