new guy from Oregon

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by prfoley, Jun 20, 2010.

1. prfoley

prfoley New Member

Hi - I am currently living in Oregon but plan to move to Wyoming to an area that has a 1000 yard range. I did some Service Rifle matches 20+ years ago but am now in the process of getting physically into shape to resume matches.
    Also interested into match reloading and should have my ideal setup done in 2011 - prf

2. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info. Enjoy.

3. winmag

winmag Well-Known Member

Good to have another guy from Oregon, even if it is a temporary address. Glad you found L/R/H.
    Whats your new toy gonna be? Custom, semi custom.......what cartrige?

4. prfoley

prfoley New Member

Hi - I am a dinosaur in that the 30/06 is my favorite - I have a Van Orden Sniper that I purchased to shoot but when I found out it's value, I declined and bought a "boring" Mod 70 heavy barrell that punches one hole groups all day - My move will not be until 2012 to enable me to set up a home in both places. prf

5. winmag

winmag Well-Known Member

I love all my Winchesters, especially my Model-70's. Some a bit more than others, but theyre my favorite actions. Ive never owned a custom, but if ever do it will probably be a ''semi-custom'' on a Model-70 action.
    Im an -06' fan too. Simply put, Im a 270, and 30 cal, and Winchester fan in a nutt shell. My current favorite set-up is my Model-70, 270wsm, But my Model-70, 300wby, and Model-70, 30-06, are tied for a close second tho.
    Well I dont need to ramble on so, hope your dual residency thing goes well.:D

6. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with an 06 damn good cartridge. Still have the first gun I ever owned from back in 1969 and it's an 06.

7. sniper2

sniper2 Well-Known Member

any gun you can shoot well is a good gun,welcome all new comers to this forum!!!!!!!!!!

8. bozo699

bozo699 Active Member

greetings from next door (Washington) This is a great forum I think you will like it .I don't write much,mostly read, but these guys are great and very knowlegable have fun.Oh it doesn't matter what you shoot JUST SHOOT:)gun)
    Wayne.

9. D.A.T.

D.A.T. Well-Known Member

welcome to the site,tons of info and good folks,i still use an old 721 30-06 so more power to ya.