new gun stock question weatherby?????

trigger103

I have a weatherby mark v 257 with a synthetic stock and a #2 contour barrel. I have a line on a HS fiberglass stock, but it is for a #3 contour barrel what would the effects be bad, good or none..........Would the stock and barrel have to large of gap or would it be only slightly noticable.....any comments welcome.. thanks in advance

Probably only slightly noticeable if at all, and if you decide you wanted to bed the rifle and float the barrel you're good to go.

The "worst" it could be is that you need to add a bit of material to add more pressure to the forend pads for the barrel - assuming this stock has these in place.

Nope.

I bought a #2 contour B&C for our #2 contour Japanese Weatherby and actually had to open it up a bit on the sides. Again, especially if you want to float the barrel you're starting off in a better position. I'd take one in a second.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.