new gun or not

zookman

I'm thinkin bout getting a new gun my encore shoots great ! First time out to 600yds average moa for 3 three shot groups was .69 with factory ammo wich I think is good but im new to long range hunting .how much better would a custom gun shoot ? looking @ the icon from t/c its not a custom but its new lol

Last edited:
It sounds like you're already shooting pretty well with what you have.

So if you buy a new rifle, you may want to do so in order to gain some functionality that you don't currently have as compared to expecting some big accuracy gain.

e.g. different caliber, bolt, semi-auto, tactical, carbine, etc...

Alternatively, you may want to start handloading. Factory ammo seems to be working for you thus far. But, it will let you down as you continue to use it for longer ranges.

Hey any excuse to get a new rifle is a good reason! I personally have never bought a custom rifle although I have bought a 700 action, stock, barrel etc and had a smith assemble one. In the end I probably spent way more money than I would have just getting a stock rifle with a reputation for being a tack driver and come out ahead... but where is the fun in that!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.