New Gun Laws Trying to be Passed Today

I read through the NPR artical that 762x51 linked in his above post^^^^. A couple of things, a FFL is required by reg already to keep the bond books (records) for 20yrs, or until the business no longer exists, or the name changes, etc. If no longer in business, or name change or whatever, the bound books and 4473s are sent in to ATFE records. If ,as a licensee,you destroyed any records stiff penalties apply. I have held a FFL since 2001. I won't allow an unserialized (ghost) gun in my shop unless it's a pre-68 when serial numbers weren't required. I won't mess with a "ghost' at all. It would just not be a wise idea to have one in the shop. So, having a 'dealer' place a serial number on a 'ghost' in his inventory?!
wise move on your part, shortgrass. these 80% products, both pistol frames and AR lowers, are not meant to be sold once they are finished. it would be illegal for my buddy to bring over his 80% AR lower and have me mill it out for him. however, prior to finishing, they are considered paperweights and could be sold to anyone.

Interesting that we had another shooting in NYC right at the same time Brandon announced his planned violations of our civil liberties.

What is disturbing in all this is it could lead to ALL firearms parts, such as uppers, having to have an SN and go through an FFL.

I have looked at the Bill of Rights multiple times and for the life of me I can't find serial numbers mentioned once.

What is going to be done and what he actually said in his speech today are two different things. In his speech after Stating he is going to make it illegal to sell/manufacture a Ghost or no serialized firearm and he talked about how hunters don't need more than a couple of bullets. He said he was hunting and talking to other hunters and told them that if you need 20 bullets to shoot a deer you should not be hunting and that he is going to bring back the High Cap Mag and AR Ban. Not saying that it is going to go through the House or Senate.
He is playing to his Base, but he promised to get rid of Fossil fuels and the first day in he shut down the Pipeline, the US lost Energy Independence by the end of 2021. It's just another "Chip Away" at the 2nd!
The most deadly firearm in the world in 1790 was out forefathers hunting rifle. 2nd not about hunting..which is there spin.

The most deadly firearm in the world in 1790 was out forefathers hunting rifle. 2nd not about hunting..which is there spin.
Exactly

And if you notice our enemies also have a concurrent line of effort to ban hunting as well, despite using the "semi autos aren't suitable for hunting" argument.

Was listening to a meateater podcast today with Ted Nugent as a guest. He was saying something along the lines of "Do you have a permit to exercise your first amendment rights???".

Wow. I had honestly never thought of it that way... Certainly made me think differently about how guns are regulated. Not saying there should be no regulation at all (I know there are some people that I don't want having a gun), but that really made a statement.

Let me see if I'm understanding this correctly. The same government that lets tanks, MRAPs, 240s, m4s, and explosives fall into the hands of the nuttiest "people" in the Middle East is upset about us having a so called "ghost gun".
Yep! One and the same! They called out , "D-fund the police", and many did. The Prosecuting Attorneys in the big cities refuse to prosecute, judges release the offenders on 'their own recognizance', and those who are prosecuted are given a 'deal'. I'm almost surprised that the NYC subway shooter wasn't released with 'no bail'. I certainly don't know all their is to know about what it takes to make an 80% 'receiver' a functional piece. But just from what I've seen, finishing a AR 80% lower wouldn't be a "piece of cake". I have no idea about the handgun 'kits' that are out there. But seems like 80% would mean just that, there'd be 20% more work to do to make it functional,,,,,,,,, as deemed by ATFE. I still think concentrating on those who do that 20% of work to make an 80% functional, and then selling such item should be the 'plan', IF the current administration is being honest with their statements that these 80% kits have become the weapon of choice for the criminals. They (the current administration) has a lengthy track record of not telling the truth about many (most?) of their failures. Gun Control has been on "Shoot 'um in the leg with a shotgun Bidens'" agenda for a very long time.