New gun for Ohio deer season

In Indiana I'm comfortable out to about 120 yards with my Ruger Deerhunter in 44Mag with peep sights. If you want to shoot much further than that you need the .45-70 as the energy on the .44 is getting too low. But I do love that .44 within its range.

Fortunately in Indiana we do not have the straight-wall limitation, I just had a .358 WSM 1.8" wildcat made....225gr Accubonds at 2800fps...

Happen to have a NE hand-rifle in 45/70 with 20 rds fired with scope base. Bought it month ago then friend sold me his K1 in 45/70 that I am going to use in ohio.

$280 shipped to an ffl that will accept from an individual.

Email if interested.

So I bought a Winchester 1885 45/70 for the Ohio deer season. With open sights I was good with it to 100 yards. At 50 yards I had 3 shots touching. But, the week for deer season I was packing a truck to move. My wife took a tranfer for her job to Washington.

Engineering101, we might want to talk sometime. As I am now able to use my STW's here in Washington. Montana was a great drive, 90 was very beautiful. Jobs for what my wife and both do in Montana were very low.

Bill

Well, you are set now! I just hope you don't mean DC!!!

Washington state will be awesome for hunting!

Nope, not DC. Was there this summer for vacation, to busy and to political for me. I like the open spaces.

Hunting and fishing, as my kids have been asking to go fishing.

For rifles the regs just say you can have no more than 3 rounds in the mag & chamber.

It isn't like the regs for shotgun which specifically say you need to have a device installed to limit you to 3 shells.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts