New gun builds!!!

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by ducksandbucks, Feb 11, 2013.

1. ducksandbucks

ducksandbucks Member

Well I got two new rifles I'm building, a 260 Rem and a 338 Lapua. I ordered a Brux 28 inch heavy contour 1:8 twist for the 260..... and a krieger 30 inch custom contour 1.35inch at the receiver down to 1 inch at the muzzle 1:9.35 twist for the lapua... then I have a defiance machine defiant action ordered for the 260... that's as far as I am right now... still need the action for the lapua, both.manners stocks, two Jewell trigger, and two Scopes.... haha I have a ways to go but I'm excited to get em set up and push them and myself to the limits!

2. Bullet bumper

Bullet bumper Well-Known Member

That sounds very good but are you a Rebel , Mutant or Deviant kind of guy ? :D

3. C.O. Shooter

C.O. Shooter Well-Known Member

Any reason for the two different barrel manufactures?

4. ducksandbucks

ducksandbucks Member

I'm a rebel and a deviant. And the gf says worse things sometimes.

I went with brux because they didn't have the 8 month wait that krieger had. But ends up ykrieger will be about 4 months out too for the big bore barrels... no reason really just trying out brux...

5. Bullet bumper

Oh I see . I don't think I would like an action with Deviant written on it , but I guess it's how it shoots that counts.

6. ducksandbucks

ducksandbucks Member

Haha! That's my last concern. As long as its quality I don't care what the model name is

7. Bullet bumper

I am not a Rebel or a Deviant so I must be a Mutant .

8. deathwobble

deathwobble Well-Known Member

Just built a 6.5-06 with a brux barrel Im really pleased with it. Brux makes a good product