New from WA

Tacoma sportsman has a hunter friendly 600yd match the 3rd Sunday every month though. I really like going when I have time. One time I shot a 6.5-300 for fun.

Nice! I am never afraid of a drive. It's only an hour and a half about. Hit traffic right not even that. I have a membership at Cascade rifle and pistol as well. They have a 600yd range but only for the qualified. Super nice place. I shot a 600yd match at Tacoma a few years ago and it was super fun! I run a 300win for over 1k and I have a bad to the bone 5.56 for below that as my trainer.

Would be good to have someone to shoot long range with. I run down to pe ell a lot. Everything long range local is snow pack

Thank you all again for the welcome! Rhovee, we should shoot together soon. I haven't qualified for 600 yet as I just got my membership last may. Haven't had the time unfortunately. Be nice to get out there with another member to help show me the ropes.

I shot at Cascade a bunch 10-15 years ago. Anymore, I head for the hills above Greenwater and shoot up there.

Interested in the Tacoma Sportsman's match though, I'm not too far from there.

We can meet up and shoot for sure. It's easy to get certified. I also worked in 46 as an electrician but now own my own electrical company.

I shot at Cascade a bunch 10-15 years ago. Anymore, I head for the hills above Greenwater and shoot up there.

Interested in the Tacoma Sportsman's match though, I'm not too far from there.
I think sign up is around 8am. $20 and I think $5 for additional. I've been trying to force a new build to liking 230 a-tips for the match but it's been giving me fits. I have a little 22 creed that always places I can shoot but it's pretty boring. If you decide to try it let me know and I'll be there with something. They have information on they're website

I love shooting small(ish) hunting rigs in LR type matches. Thinking I may run down and check it out next Sunday.

Thanks for the info, I'll shoot you a PM if I'm headed that way.

Last edited:
It's definitely an eye opener for a lot of guys. First time I shot it was with the pencil barrel weatherby vanguard, no brake 6.5-300, factory 130's and just held over with the box velocity. That was awesome. Was before the hunter friendly rate of fire so groups spread but still pretty good considering I had no clue where I was hitting