NEW for 2012 Thompson Center "Dimension" rifle

Curious how the barrel locks into the action, & seperate bolts, etc & keeps the same head spacing.
What trigger? Is it adjustable?
They must have something figured out or they wouldn't give the MOA guarantee.
It'll be interesting to see if it takes off, & what aftermarket parts accompany it if it does. I'd definately need a better looking stock, or I wouldn't be seen in public with it.
That is one ugly rifle. But a real cool concept.

I have no idea what they're trying to accomplish with the stock but I think it's about the ugliest thing I've ever seen. I do agree that overall it's a cool concept. It'll be interesting to hear some real life feedback on it once they hit the market.

+1 on the ugly stock comment....I wonder how many of the "TV hunters" will show up using it? Seemed like they were all using TC Ventures last year.

I think that stock would mix in with the rest of the rifles in the cabinet, not sure what tc was thinking, but maybe they wanted something different to see what the intrest would be, I do not know, but I think I am going to buy one.

David Petzal reviewed this gun in the May 2012 Field and Stream magazine. He seems to like the accuracy. It was especially good in the .223 he tried. Interesting concept. Available in 10 calibers. Those are divided up into 4 groups. If you stay within the group you can buy a new barrel for $199 and it comes with a new magazine and magazine well for that specific caliber. $599 set up w/ one caliber. Costs more to move to a caliber outside of the group. Needs a different bolt and magazine for $84 more. Apparently easy to change out as long as there is clearance with the scope. That stock does look odd. No mistaking it for any others in the gun cabinet. Bruce

I'm in Oz and it will be 20% to 30% dearer down here compared to the US but at least I won't have to pay $2,500 for a Sauer or $4,500 for a Blaser switch barrel. Every barrel for those European rifles cost more than the Dimension with a complete calibre.

As ugly as the stock looks the concept is great and once you buy the mag and bolt for a particular group then its just another barrel for a calibre in the same group. I will be hoping if the rifle sells well that TC will introduce other calibres. As our laws are restrictive down here, this rifle is a good excuse to have 10 rifles in one and only one registered rifle to your name.

I'm a deer hunter so ugly but useful is ok to me. Won't be shooting from a bench or a bipod so I have no concerns about the stock. I won't be worried about it getting scratched either, as long as it does the job. You never know someone may come to the rescue and produce an aftermarket stock. I've got an ugly car but it takes me where I need to go and has never let me down I've even drove it on farms, where I have hunted, and a sedan is not suppose to go and did not get bogged, just kept going, three deer carcasses in the car and still kept going. At least the missus is not ugly otherwise that would be hard to live with. :)

I will be ordering a left handed model in 270 win as soon as they arrive.

Cheers

Jorge

When they come out with an "E" they will have my attention. Something RUM or Lapua would peak alot of peoples intrest, as shooting anything on those cases is pricey and then you could practice with the rifle with a .223 and switch up to .338 Lapua or similar. Still a neat concept, but nothing really new.

The thing I'd like to do with one of these would be to shoot the daylights out of it with an overbore round like the 7rum. You can afford another barrel at 2 hun a pop easier than 6 hun or so to rig up a remmy. They are missing the boat big here not offering the 7 and 30 rum in the dimension.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.