New Cooper 6br

On the beregers me and Bill Bailey have shoot several pdogs around 1100yds with his 6mm-250 with the beregers and I have noticed that the bullets almost act like a FMJ at that range. With the AMAX i have seen a least a little expansion around 1000yds.

steve

Lerch,
Sweet rifle! The stock is very striking, if she shoots as well as she looks (and it should) you will have a valuable heirloom to pass on to future generations of Lerches.
Shoot straight & enjoy,
Dave

God willing I will be able to keep her good lookin. If any of my future kids get my wifes looks I will be **** lucky, God help them if they look like me!!!!

Nothing quite like a good lookin' stick of wood on a nicely done rifle !!! It's most refreshing to see somebody post a picture of their new toy with a wood stock !!!! A good Quartersawn stock will be very stable and shoot great besides looking like a million bucks !!!!!

I love the looks of your new stick !!! Good luck with the shooting.----7mmRHB

Thanks RHB, I think the stock will be plenty stiff. Outta be a fun sucker to shoot and it aint gonna break my back to carry her around a bit.

steve

Well you got yourself a **** nice rig there Lerch, I hope it serves you as well as it looks.

I have always preferred a nice natural stock over the synthetics, however both have their places. I love the way the stock is bellied and ported, sure makes for a very functional product. I am sure you will take full advantage of it, or from what BJ says he will. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Well take care of it, and try not to do it like I do a new truck, just head for the thickest brush you see and get it over with then you can enjoy it the way it was meant to be.

Daaaang Steve !!!

Well anyways I now now how the rich and famous ( or is that poor and infamous ) live . !

You have some good taste buds there my man, that is a piece to slobber over. And yes ! . by all means , use it and enjoy it and the minor dents and dings that come will serve notice to all that it IS ! a precision tool meant to be used and enjoyed .

One of the finest things that I have at my home ( I don't say own because it is older than me plus a couple of my children , so how could it be mine ? ) is a hand made singletree . Hand forged iron and hand carved /fitted oak. Well used and without a doubt served well . It is a thing of beauty .

Congratulations on a good investment for those that come after you !

And Yes !!, I am a sucker for a beautiful piece of wood too !

Richard Franklin of Richards custom guns has found a way to firm up that wood foundation. Using laminates of figured and exotic woods is a specialty of his . [image]Figured and fancy stock - Reference stock #111 SOLD[/image]

That is my stock so stay back !@! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jim B.

Glad you like her jimm, still waiting on the **** dies so i aint got to shoot her yet. i cant see the pic you added for some reason, but it sounds nice anyway.

While i am a very functional based person i still have a love for a nice classic style gun and that is what i have found in this cooper.

steve

I was going to wait untill today to comment on this beautiful rifle... but you were seeking medical treatment when I showed up...

A friend once spoke about a "breathtaking, piece of birds eye maple" that he had on a gun. Other folks I know who saw it confirmed his description... they said the first time you saw it, you could stare at it for what seemed like hours, as you allowed the light to roll across it. He carried it hunting in 9 states without ever putting a scratch on it. Im pretty sure he tucked it in every night like his other children. He loved it that much.
On a mounted elk hunt in colorado, he climbed from his horse, and somehow, had managed to leave the cover off of the gun scabbard. he said he was just getting things arranged to relieve himself, when he heard the horse winnie. Looking back, he watched as the horse, aparantly lashing out at an offending insect, dragged the bridel, and bit across the exposed butt and cheek piece no less than a half dozen times. He said he dosent think he could have done more damage if he had hung it from the ceiling and attacked it with a chainsaw. It laid on the bench in the shop for a little while, but he eventually had to get rid of it because every time he looked at it he got depressed.

Guess all im saying is take good care of it, but expect a few knicks along the way... or when the big one happens, its a little like being cheated on by your supermodel girlfriend... pretty to look at but kinda damaged goods /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Heres to hopeing she shoots as well as she looks! In the meantime, good luck on your recovery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

heres Jim's stock... Still needs a lot of work, but definately a LOT of potential!
jimsstock1.jpg

jimstock2.jpg

jimstock3.jpg

jimstock4.jpg

Nice lookin pics Ab!!!

I am sure she will see a few nicks but i am also sure i will be more careful with it than i have been with any other gun previously. I just got the dies in today but now bow season opens on sunday so loading will be postponed a little.

I am feeling a little better today. I have been pumped full of steroids, cortizone cream, and anti histamine to such a extent that yesterday i was so pale i gave off a eerie glow!!!

For anyone else reading this who doesnt know I was putting up treestands on sunday and realized i was plowing through acres of poision ivy!!!!!!! I really dont know how i could be that stupid but the temporary brain fart has left me infected with poision ivy as bad as i have ever seen anyone have it. Face, legs, torso and especially my arms are red, bumpy and oozing and by the way ITCHING LIKE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But i think all the dope i have taken seems to be working and I can guarantee you that i will not be in that neck of the woods again.

take it easy
steve

Steve,
That is a fine rifle. I have a somewhat similar Cooper, a Phoenix, and its stock just doesn't have all the wiggly lines and shades in it - does have little sparkles tho... Good luck with the recovery.

That's a gorgeous looking rifle. Cooper have their roots in Clackamas Oregon, former home of great looking rifle like my 223 Kimber Model 82. I lost count of how many tears I shed on mine but each scratches was a reminder of the good times we shared together /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
IMGP2121.jpg

Lerch,
That is the best looking Cooper I've seen in a long time. You must have some inside pull to get one like that. What did the test target look like?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.