New cartridge

Jimm

Thanks to inspiration from "Buffalobob" and "Roy in Idaho" ( lunarlopes and front ignition respectively ) . I have been working on what will surely be the utmost in long range cartridges .

[image]
DSC01355.jpg
[/image]

Initial tests are very encouraging . A 10,500 gr. projectile at approx .( sorry , approx is the best I can do as it blows the Oehler skysceens down at 40 yds . ) 1900 fps should be serious medicine for all of us "Long Rangers" .

It is only fair that I give a "sneak preview " of the loaded round as I am sure most if not all here will be lineing up to order their very own 90mm BBGun ( Browns Big Gun , name stolen from Abinok , but don't worry , he didn't copyright it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) [image]
DSC01357.jpg
[/image]

Please , please , no need to jostle one another like that , there will be plenty to go around .

The deposit will be $6400.00 Send certified checks or cash only.

Later on I will give more info as I see fit .

Jim B.

MY DEPOSIT IS ON THE WAY! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
But can I get the AI version?

So what kind of action are you using with that.

That would make a good aardvark round. Takes a lot to stop a charging aardvark.

407870.jpg

Now you gone and done it!
Can't believe you stole my cartridge name! 90mm is a good start though, so I guess its ok...

However, just for that, ill post my "big one" but ill have to go to my other hobby to do it. Ive got a feeling mine is bigger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
coasting BC was measured at 9.6 above 1400fps, 17.4 below
ill post a pic tomorrow.

Probably not as much as it takes to stop a charging wife(master card)!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jimm,

I'd recommend a hollow projectile (would still be plenty heavy enough and would have same BC). The hollow would be filled with a fast burning powder then sealed with a calibrated fire brake that would not be breached until 1" from the muzzle.

The charge in the case would launch the projectile. The charge in the projectile would then maintain velocity for a treater distance. Would extend the range by at least 50%.

Also that bullet may have sufficient room for installation of GPS guidance.

I think you're on to something there.

BTW, I think its too short for a flash tube. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What do ya load it with? Bulleye/Unique /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Roy, you been snoopingg round my shop? Of course its hollow , how in the world else would you be able to have a bullet that big and only weigh 1 1/2 lbs. ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kevlar and carbon fiber shell dipped in a copper matrix. Oh and the flash tube thing ,check this out [image]
36d290bb.jpg
[/image]

Mine is is called fl ignition ( full length ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Will give more reports as testing progresses .

Jim B.

Just for the record, mine have front ignition as well...

This is spike, a 2 stage m to m rocket. Max velocity was measured at mach 1.78
spike2.jpg

and
and as yet unnamed single stage rocket that will be powered be a 1xM, 4xK cluster. Still a little beat up and dirty from its maden flight last fall.
big1.jpg

OK, I used to play w/model rockets a little as a kid, but I think this takes thing to whole new level!!!

How do you ever recover one of those things. They have to go out of sight when launched!!

Bill,

The worst part is that he has to get FAA clearance to launch them ! no kidding .

Also did you know that Abinok just got a new ( to him ) car . Well you should as that is the one he is shamelessly displaying along withn those Estes on steroids /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jim B>

Are you sure that's not a matchbox and some fancy artwork on some thimbuls??? One can work majic w/a camera. If you don't believe me, just look @ Lerch in some of our photos. He's really alot uglier in person /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Ballistic 64 ,

Your visionary decision to get on this bandwagon before you can't afford a ticket is praiseworthy , however due to the tremendous response the price has been increased to $64000.00 Not a problem I'm sure for a man of your means , so I have put you down for the very first one I can get to shoot wihout blowing up the action . ( more to come on that front Buffalobob )

Some have asked about the powder so this pic is to show the incredible design of this bullet ( fsd rbbt icd) and what pioneering efforts have produced in the way of a suitable propellant, (that is the powder to the right of the bullet )

At this point I can not divulge any further info as it may compromise a major deal in the making . I'm sure you will all understand .

I will post further info as it comes to me ,err I mean as it is ok to do so .

Jim B.

ABINOK needs to put that bottom rocket on the Neco. It looks to have more than 0.003 runout.

I would also recommend that he strap ole Spike there to the top of his car because I bet if you look under the hood it is short a couple of cylinders and could use some extra juice.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.