New Build Prairie Dog Gun

tenwalker

It took 2yrs to complete with the wife's full knowledge of what I was doing but not what I was spending. After my first PD. hunt I knew I needed a 223. The problem was my eyes were bigger than my budget but I decided I would build it piece by piece and it finally came together the first of July. That was just in time for a PD. trip to SD. Man does thing shoot. My best shot this trip was 429yds. with a slight crosswind. Not bad for an old fella but that was almost to the top of a ridge and I could not try any farther. After all this work I could not just call it my 223 so I named it "Yellow Dog". This gun is so much fun to shoot it worth the time I had to wait.

gun)

Savage Target Action RBLP
Krieger 26" Light Varminter Barrel
T&T, Chamber, Tread, Crown and Recoil Lug by SSS
NF Bases and Rings
Nightforce 5.5-22X50 NXS NPR2
Thumbhole Stock By Joel Russo

DSC00399.jpg

DSC00391.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

Awesome looking rig and nice list of components. Can't beat a Russo stock, great pics. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy.

Nice looking P dog rig, if they see that coming and it should make them go in hibernation early.:) Russo always amazes me with his stocks and the pride he takes in them.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.