new build idea

Tikkamike

I have an idea. as you all know I love tikkas, I want to build a custom on a tikka action. I am thinking a 6.5x47 lapua because I will use the factory magazine and I want a cartrige short enough to fit in the magazine if my chamber is throated to seat the bullets out a bit. I am going to have it set in a laminated stock with a remington style recoil lug. does anyone see any downfall to this idea? I was thinking 130 AB of SMK something along those lines.

I want a cartrige short enough to fit in the magazine if my chamber is throated to seat the bullets out a bit
'IF' should never be used with a 'custom build'.

The concept starts with ballistic research, and a rational assessment of your needs.
But an actual build starts with the bullet. Buy them, buy the brass and dies, and work out any system bugs with dummy rounds.
Measure & fill out a reamer print with the dimensions, clearances and throat desired, and buy a finish reamer FOR YOURSELF.

You can buy all parts and deliver to a gunbuilder. Speekin of, finding a good gunbuilder -who isn't a liar, can be the toughest part in a build. I've yet to find one....
**** good luck to ya

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.