New boomstick on the way

shaneman153d

Well I made an impulse buy on a custom rig on Gunbroker..... Still not sure I feel about it, but I guess I'll find out when it gets here. It's a Rem 798 (Croatian mauser with Remington engraved on it) in 7mmRM.

It's got an ER Shaw #3 contour (fluted) bbl. installed, trued by manuf. The guy never got a chance to fire it with the barrel, so it's anyone's guess how accurate it is. I figure my 700 ADL does .75" with handloads so I'm sure it will do better. He also has a B&C medalist stock (that needs the channel hogged out) and had trigger work done down to 3#.

I feel kinda guilty about this, but the guy needed money for bills. $600+shipping

What do you all think? I've never had a Mauser, don't really care for the controlled-feed thing. But I know they are extremely reliable, and tough. My step dad has a swedish Mauser in 6.5x55 and I absolutely love the action on it. I was originally looking for a cheap donor action in 7mm to rebarrel in .264WM, but this popped up.

Just thought I would get some opinions now that it's too late BTW, I'll be selling a 700 ADL real cheap, real soon, hopefully I can pull this off before momma finds out:p

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.