New Berger offerings

Trnelson

196103FE-1218-411D-95E7-4AB4D9377A69.jpeg
I saw this on social media yesterday. We have all heard the rumor mill churning about these bullets, so it isn't a surprise to see them coming to market. That being said, I can't wait to get my hands on the new, heavy .308 and .264! My new 264 Win won't be done for a while yet, but I should hopefully be able to acquire 1k by then.

Whoever posted that needs to learn to take better pictures... I can barely read it. What weight does it say that 7mm bullet is?

That 6.5 155 will be a game-changer for the bigger 6.5's, like the 6.5 Sherman, 6.5 SS, .264 WM, etc...

Rough day bud??

Click on the image and it will open crystal clear in a new window.
It's almost always a rough day on my end, but I try to make the best of it.

I know how to expand the picture, It was a mixture of the font they used, and the lack of image megapixels (scaling).

Wonder if a 10 twist 300wm will stabilize that 245 gr 30 cal?
I think it will be a stretch when you look at the Berger Twist rate calculator, if the bullet is similar in shape to the 230. Using interpolation between the 230 and 215 you would expect to loose between 80-100 fps, at sea level pushing this bullet at 2700 FPS the twist recommendation would be 8.75 at 5000' at the same velocity it would be 9.75 at least that is what I roughly figured. The good news is that my 30-338 LMAI will stabilize them no problem at 3100 FPS with the 9.4 twist.......

That's what I figure. With the performance I get with the 215 it's probably not worth pursuing anything else unless I build something hotter than a win mag.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.