new barrel

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Dead Beat, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Dead Beat

Dead Beat Well-Known Member

I'm in the market for a new barrel for a project I'm stating its a savage 10 fp being new to this i don't have any idea what barrel mfg. to use it a 223 caliber i would like to get a heavy SS with flutes any one have a suggestion for this barrel

thanks jim

2. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

Pac-Nor and Lothar-Walther and Sharp shooters supply offer pre fit barrel all you do is screw on and head space.

I'm not sure what your looking to do or spend but I personaly would have the ation barreled like the Rem 700 and do away with the barrel nut.
    I have actualy had realy good luch with using the factory Savage heavy barrels (1-9) and rechambering them to
    22-250Ai to shoot the 69gr SMK bullets. They all shoot pretty well accuracy wise and after a few hundred rounds they don't foul to bad either. You migh find one used and shoot it to see how it does or shoot a Tubbs final finish kit through it then have it cut back and rechambered with a good reamer.

3. Dead Beat

Dead Beat Well-Known Member

thanks JD ill check into that
    JIM