New Barnes Bullet--TTSX

philny1

The Tipped TSX (TTSX™ ) bullet features a polymer tip extending into a specially engineered nose cavity in the all-copper TSX body. The combination of tip and cavity initiates rapid expansion the instant the bullet strikes game. The streamlined tip also increases the ballistic coefficient of the TTSX bullets for superior long-range performance. This bullet expands reliably over a broad range of velocities.

Some of these bullets will be available near the end of 2007, and will be offered in four different calibers beginning 2008.

No I've seen things about this bullet on another forum and it's just a tipped TSX. I believe the MRX has a tungsten core and a tip, instead of the solid copper.

Barnes - TTSX

My post came from a Barnes newsletter. As already said, looks like a TSX with a tip. Should be more affordable than the MRX.

New TSX with a polymer tip,

TippedTSX.jpg

For less money I think I would stick to the accubonds and on average get a more accurate bullet. Better yet, go with a higher BC Wildcat.

You say they have superior long range performance, to what is that comment compared to?

Kirby Allen(50)

SNIP
You say they have superior long range performance, to what is that comment compared to?

Kirby Allen(50)

I agree 100%

Close range is where the monolithic copper or partitions have a huge edge, but past 500 yards I would think that a quick opener would work best.....with average rifles. You guys are way beyond average with your rifles.

edge.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts