--> New B here MOA

I ran thru a program for ballistics. 30 cal, v2910 fps. BC .0956. 30'06 150gr

It says the bullet will drop @ 950 yards, -1974 inches, and the Elevation MOA is -207

Question, is -207 the clicks on the scope? To adust angle to reach bulls eye?

Question, or is the CLICKS -1974 times 4 inches = 7896 clicks?

Question, Does my scope or any scope have that many CLICKS?

Thanks.
starting to understand

Unless you are shooting a round ball bullet the BC is higher than .0956. That's where your problem is. The BC is incorrect. What bullet are you shooting?

I ran thru a program for ballistics. 30 cal, v2910 fps. BC .0956. 30'06 150gr

It says the bullet will drop @ 950 yards, -1974 inches, and the Elevation MOA is -207

Question, is -207 the clicks on the scope? To adust angle to reach bulls eye?

Question, or is the CLICKS -1974 times 4 inches = 7896 clicks?

Question, Does my scope or any scope have that many CLICKS?

Thanks.
starting to understand
Something is terribly wrong wit the data you are inputting into your program. I'm not even sure that a square brick would have a BC that bad.

Exactly what bullet are you using?

As for your scope adjustments we'd need to know exactly what make scope you are using.

Typically scopes are going to have 1/4" or 1/4 MOA click values meaning 4 clicks = 1" at 100yds or 4 clicks = 1 MOA @ 100yds.

For anything more than very minor adjustments you don't want to be counting clicks because if you have a large click value of say 50-100 clicks or more it's very easy to lose track of where you are in the adjustment process and then you even end up losing your original zero point unless you have a scope with a zero stop feature.

Welcome, have fun.

Exactly what bullet are you using?

With a .0956 BC, it sounds more like wooden bullets to me.

e.g.
Have a look at the 168 gr Berger Hunting VLD with a .473 BC. You should be able to get to 950 yds with about 28.75 MOA come-up from a 100yd zero.

That's pushing the elevation limit for a lot of low end scopes.

Most people shooting to 1000yds use a 20 MOA picatinny base. So, you'd only be about 8.75 MOA below the center adjustment of the scope's internals.

-- richard

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.