New Aussie member

4d223

Hi all, My name is Peter and I come from Wangaratta which is in North East Victoria in Australia. We are approx 300 km north from Melbourne which is our state capital. Where I live is at the the foothills of the Great Dividing Range which is runs up the entire East coast of Australia. I do a lot of spotlighting for foxes/cats/rabbits and love an afternoon sniping session on bunnies with my .223. We also hunt Sambar deer which are prolific in our area and their numbers are increasing every year. We can shoot ducks/quail in season (although the greenies are trying to stop that) Wild dogs are becoming a real problem in the upper ranges for sheep and cattle farmers to the point where the State Govt has put a $50.00 bounty on each wild dog shot. We also have a $10.00 bounty on each fox scalp we take in. It is good to finally see shooters being rewarded for the efforts they put in in protecting our native animals and wildlife.
My stable of rifles include Marlin 1895 45.70, Rem pump action .308, Ruger VT .223AI, Ruger 77-22, and a CZ .17hmr which my 14 yr old daughter has claimed as hers so I don't get to shoot it that much.
This is a great site, have been "lurking" hear for a while, and really enjoy the stories and discussions that take place. As soon as I work out how to upload pictures I will post pics of the rifles. I must confess to being very envious of some of the hardware you Yanks have access to. We USED to be able to have those things, not anymore.
I hope I haven't rambled on to much as an introduction, I look forward to many discussions on the enjoyment of the shooting sports in the years to come.
Cheers,
Peter.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.