New Artillery.........Montana Rifle Company 264WM

Bruz

I bought this rifle a few weeks ago. The specs are as folllows.

MRC 1999 SS Action
MRC 26" #4 Contour Barrel
McMillan Supergrade Edge painted by Rick Bin

I received the rifle with Cerakoted bolt handle and bottom metal. I had the pieces bright polished ($40)to contrast with the bead finish on the barreled action. I really like how that turned out..It looks great in person but doesn't come out in the pics real well.

I had a feeding issue as well.Although it was believed to be a barreled action from MRC originally it was determined that the rifle had a 30/06 375 H&H follower and mag box.I ordered the parts from MRC for $56 and installed them and my load work up scope this morning. The rifle will eventually wear a Silver Leupold or Zeiss. I have 120gr TSX's and 120gr NBT's loaded up and ready for the range to see how she shoots.

Two questions.........

1) What are your smack them down loads and velocities>

2) How would you scope it?

264 Follower and Mag Box on Right

Trying to show the contrast

The Rifle

NICE

Cant wait to hear how she shoots. I am not supprised about your mag box issues. I dont think I have ever heard a good thing about thouse rifles but love the way they look. Good luck

ICHHM,

The mag box issue was an issue from the rifle builder and not MRC. The action was originally built as a 375H&H and whoever barreled it did not change out the mag box or follower.

I will post up when I get to the range. It's Bow Season here now so it may be a few weeks.

Robert

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.