New arrival (almost) 338AM 4days and counting

I must be the lucky one… Jamison two star brass was given me 3380 with 142 grains of 50 BMG out of my just short of 35" barrel. I haven't got around to trying the new brass with the Allen mag head stamp yet

AJ I would beg to defer with you as I got the best .338 Allen Kirby has built. LOL

where can we find the pictures of these rifles? every thread i read i cant see the pics???

AJ and Joecool,

You guys can argue who has the most accurate 338 AM but I definitely have the most accurate Rifle that Kirby has built.

Wanna battle it out on the range? Huh? I'm callin' ya'll out!!!!!!!

Tomorrow at High Noon. Wolverine Canyon. If no elk appear we'll have to shoot at rocks. Ranges from 650 to 1200.

Whew.........I otta be safe on that one!! AJ is way back east and Joecools a bit too far west. Especially since this post won't be read until tomorrow morning.:D:D:D

I'll be there though!. If the elk don't show I'm gonna be ticked.:mad:

Only two usable hunting days left in the season.........

AJ and Joecool,

You guys can argue who has the most accurate 338 AM but I definitely have the most accurate Rifle that Kirby has built.

That's a man that fears nothing!!! WOW... :)
Tomorrow at High Noon. Wolverine Canyon. If no elk appear we'll have to shoot at rocks. Ranges from 650 to 1200.

Are you guys going to chicken out... come on!!! :rolleyes:
Whew.........I otta be safe on that one!! AJ is way back east and Joecools a bit too far west. Especially since this post won't be read until tomorrow morning.:D:D:D

I'm waiting for a response on this one!

Last edited:
AJ and Joecool,

Ranges from 650-1200??? It's just a waste of good barrel to shoot a 338AM at anything (other than an animal) at less than 1000yds. Let me know when you have about 900 rounds down the tube, then we'll see which rifle is the most accurate ;)

Good luck tomorrow.

AJ

Re:5 phases of new gun build!

Holy Crap!! Nice rifle!! Your wait appears to have been worth it!

I'm between stages 2 and 3, just in a different waiting room. Not quite as custom as yours. I'm using a donor rifle for the action.

Re: 5 phases of new gun build!

Holy Crap!! Nice rifle!! Your wait appears to have been worth it!

I'm between stages 2 and 3, just in a different waiting room. Not quite as custom as yours. I'm using a donor rifle for the action.

Open up a new post and tell us what you are waiting on!

Thanks,
AJ

Great looking rifle A.J. Start another thread once you gett her to shooting. Congradulations

Ranges from 650-1200??? It's just a waste of good barrel to shoot a 338AM at anything (other than an animal) at less than 1000yds. Let me know when you have about 900 rounds down the tube, then we'll see which rifle is the most accurate ;)

Good luck tomorrow.

AJ

I agree on the barrel wasting thought. It's pretty much a waste for any decent barrel.......

I've diddled around and have about 600 rounds down the tube. Last two shots to validate drop chart went into 2.25" @ 773 yds. That damned rifle continues to surprise me.

BTW, Luck on the "hill" sucked. No elk, no nothing. Just low clouds and some wind.

She's relegated to shooting at animal exclusively, until I have to work up a load with some 180 class bullets when they become available.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.