New Action ........It's Cool.

Chucker

New Action ........It\'s Cool.

grin.gif
080447.jpg

I have been doing a little stock work for Brad Stair the owner of Wasatch Precision Machine. He showed me some real cool stuff and he was willing to let me take a photo or two so you folks could se it also.

This is a picture of Wasatch's medium length action as compared to the Rem. 700 action. It is about 1.350" in diameter and 6.875" long. It is real close to a Remington Model 7. A lot of the current Remington parts will fit like the trigger, an ADL trigger guard. The stock is close to the Model 7 with a little adjustment for the recoil lug. The bolt is a close tolerance fit to the action and has a Sako extractor. The firing pin extends from the bolt face with perfect alignment. The recoil lug is part of the action and is .250" thick. It will handle cartridges like 17 Mach IV, .223, BR stuff, PPC and Short Magnum cartridges. This is a great looking high quality precision piece of tooling.

This is the one you folks should take interest in……
The next action on the calendar is a long action which should be equal in length to the Remington 700 action. There has been a great amount of thought go into this action. One of the neatest things is the cartridges it will handle you can eject an empty 300 Ultra Mag case or even a 338 Laupa Magnum from it. Talk about having a short action for the 1000 yard guys, this is it, in a short stiff action.

The small bore shooters are in for a treat once these first two actions are up and running. There will be a 1" diameter action capable of firing the 17 Ackley hornet stuff either in a single shot mode or clip fed.

We as a shooting community should be glad we have a talented gun smith and gifted shooter now building actions like this for us and the shooting community because I am here to tell you this is going to be great stuff. These actions will fill a needed void in the shooting community. According to Brad the price is going to be around the 750.00 dollar mark. The phones are not hooked up yet and he will not be taking any orders till about the first of Feb. if all goes according to schedule. I will keep you posted and updated as needed.

Your friend, Chucker.

Re: New Action ........It\'s Cool.

This action is set up so that two Remington front mounts will fit both ends. I believe the longer action will be the same. So just find two front bases like some Weaver Grand Slam bases.

Chucker.

Re: New Action ........It\'s Cool.

any chance he'll make it so we can use 20moa bases (tactical style)?? keep us posted,..looks like something I'd be interested in if I can get the minutes available to push some pills out there a ways.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.