New accubond lr

Yes!
They probably most closely resemble the Swift Scirriocco II in design with a thinner nose section for better long range expansion. There are some other differences though. The Swift is a secant design and uses pure copper and lead and the Nosler is likely about a 12-14S tangent. Nosler used a lead alloy core in the old AB's but MAY have switched to pure lead to help expansion? Don't know??........Rich

Rich, are you happy with the Berger Hunting bullets LR performance? My 6.5x284 is currently throwing those at 2975 and my goal is to be able shoot wolves at 1000ish. I keeping getting into them at 600 plus. It's weird because I shot 1 at 40 yards and 2 and 320. Can't seem to get that close again. Buggers.

Rich, are you happy with the Berger Hunting bullets LR performance? My 6.5x284 is currently throwing those at 2975 and my goal is to be able shoot wolves at 1000ish. I keeping getting into them at 600 plus. It's weird because I shot 1 at 40 yards and 2 and 320. Can't seem to get that close again. Buggers.

Brent......As Harperc says, if you've killed three, you are way ahead of most!
I have mixed feelings with the Bergers and a lot depends on caliber. I think they are as good as any at long range unless you compare to custom bullets. I would say Bergers are among the best for long range and would include the A-max which has more reliable expansion at lower velocities but is more explosive at higher velocities (or at least does not penetrate as far as a Berger before it expands).........Rich
p.s. I have some doubt that the 140 Berger would expand on a wolf at 1000 but then who cares!!!

LOL. I have Amax's as well. I will work on a load with those too. Right now the VLD's are flying well. I hope well enough to do the job if and when the time comes again. I had a pack of 5 at 650-750 a couple weeks ago. They were way out of range for my 204. Hoping to change the rules of this game soon. If I can do my job I think this rifle will do its job. On wiggly bench, in 8 mph wind it grouped around 6-7 inches at 980. I mounted my 4.5-14x50 Leupold on it for working up a load until my NF gets here. Come on Fedex.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts