New 7mm Wildcat....7mm Rogue

Everything is still going as planned with the rifles. Trueblue has a 26" version and is running 180's at 3100 with a pretty mild load. I am have been playing with the Hybrids in my 27" rifle running them at 3140. I wasn't happy with the Hornday dies, so I am having Redding make a batch of them right now. My rifle has around 800 rounds down it and is still performing fine. I helped Manners develop the EH-1 stock, so I should have one in the next couple weeks hopefully to drop my rifle and Trueblues in to finalize the packages. Brass life is still around 7-8 firings at the 3100-3140 mark. This seems to be where the best accuracy is in these length of barrels. I did push mine up to around 3200, but accuracy started to suffer. Once I get it in a stock that fits me well, then I will play around some more with the Hybrids some more.

No blood other than coyotes with my rifle from hunting season. Spent to much time in the shop and helping others get their critters.

Thanks Kirby,

Your comments mean alot. I do with brass makers could get things more consistent. I think in this day and age, they are more concerned with production than quality.

I will be trying to find a bear starting this week to break her in on! Then it will be headed to your neck of the woods for deer and elk later in the year. I will try to swing by on the next trip over to the house and we can catch up. Probably going to run over and hunt archery elk the end of September.

Travis, you have my interest peaked. I just ddd your website to my main page, as I am interested in possibly having a rifle built and chambered in that round. I like that it can be built from 300 win brass, which is very available, and from some good makers as well. I have a hopeless affinity for the STW, and always will, but moreover, I am a 7MM fan more then anything.( in fact, I'm building a 280 as we speak, # 4 Brux barrel). I will definetly be contacting you in the near future.
Interesting round, great concept!

Have you tried using Ramshot magnum powder with this wildcat? I was able to pick up 7828ssc, H1000, and Ramshot magnum for slow powders. Been looking at your variation as a possible new rifle.

I did replace the stock. I set the barreled action aside until I get the die issue resolved. The Redding dies were a disappointment. Looks like Whidden has come through and fixed things, but still want to test them more. The guys that have them knocked down quite a few critters last year with them. If the dies hold up, then I will start producing them again.

Do you paint stocks for other people of just paint them for the rifles you build?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts