New 7mm Rem Mag

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by Musket_0, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Musket_0

Musket_0 Active Member

Got my new toy today! Got this one in a Rem 700 BDL action. I already have good optics, basses and rings. Need to find a good stock, and a break for it now. Wanting a thumb hole stock or something other than the plain-jane. [​IMG] Kinda want to do this much before going to the 30" bbl. just to get some trigger time. Hope this rig will shoot as good or better than my .30-06 or .270 savage. Around here its next to imposible to find a shot over 500 yards. But dam sure fun to try. [​IMG]

2. Brent

Brent Well-Known Member

MPI makes a nice kevlar graphite thumbhole stock. He offers it in ambidextrious, and also right hand or left hand. My buddy has the ambidextrious and it's very comfortable, and light.

3. Musket_0

Musket_0 Active Member

Do they have a web site? What might be a rough idea of price?
    My other question is how much recoil could I expect as compared to my .30-06 at about the same weight? (9.5 lbs.) Will I need a break on the magnum if I don't like the recoil of the -06?
    Also, been hearing alot local about Douglas barrels, But don't seem to hear much on this board about them. [​IMG] Not looking for a tack drive at 1000yrds, but would like to make it huntable out to 750-800 range. Problems such as money and skill keep me from building the best. Any thoughts?