New 7mm Rem Mag

Musket_0

Got my new toy today! Got this one in a Rem 700 BDL action. I already have good optics, basses and rings. Need to find a good stock, and a break for it now. Wanting a thumb hole stock or something other than the plain-jane.
confused.gif
Kinda want to do this much before going to the 30" bbl. just to get some trigger time. Hope this rig will shoot as good or better than my .30-06 or .270 savage. Around here its next to imposible to find a shot over 500 yards. But dam sure fun to try.
grin.gif

MPI makes a nice kevlar graphite thumbhole stock. He offers it in ambidextrious, and also right hand or left hand. My buddy has the ambidextrious and it's very comfortable, and light.

Do they have a web site? What might be a rough idea of price?
My other question is how much recoil could I expect as compared to my .30-06 at about the same weight? (9.5 lbs.) Will I need a break on the magnum if I don't like the recoil of the -06?
Also, been hearing alot local about Douglas barrels, But don't seem to hear much on this board about them.
confused.gif
Not looking for a tack drive at 1000yrds, but would like to make it huntable out to 750-800 range. Problems such as money and skill keep me from building the best. Any thoughts?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.