New 6.5x284 wooden wonder

awesome, truly awesome wood!!

I once spent the money on a cooper rifle for the high grade wood (it didnt look near as good as what you have) and i loved the rifle but i have to admit i was afraid to do anything rough with the gun.

that is a great looking gun, great caliber, and a beautiful piece of wood!!

what kind of wood is it??

steve

Its English Walnut. True, its a bit darker then the traditional black and blond English Walnut, but looks great just teh same.

JeffVN

Beautiful rifle. Jared soes some great work.....I hope to have him do one of mine in the future.

Robert

Pursuant to request, I took a picture of the off-side of the stock, which is also incredible. Forgive the darkness of the picture.

IMG_0463med.jpg

JeffVN

Jeff,

This is Adam from Stocks By Umberger. Great to see the rifle after the metal was finished by Patriot. The gun turned out absolutely beautiful. The wood and metal certainly both compliment one another. Fantastic job putting together a great piece of art.

Adam Fraley
Stocks By Umberger
Cambridge, Ohio

Jeff,

This is Adam from Stocks By Umberger. Great to see the rifle after the metal was finished by Patriot. The gun turned out absolutely beautiful. The wood and metal certainly both compliment one another. Fantastic job putting together a great piece of art.

Adam Fraley
Stocks By Umberger
Cambridge, Ohio

Nice to see you here Adam, and it was nice spending some time with you today.

Thanks for your hospitality.

This rifle is a work of art, you did an incredible job.

Last edited:
Couldnt agree more with the previous posts.
Awesome piece of wood!!! Great looking rifle, and awesome work on that wood, its just very, very good. A piece of art, as said before.
Congratulations.

Adam

Great to see you here. The rifle is a pure joy to look at and it is an amazingly accurate shooter too. Both you and Jered did yourselves proud on this rifle.

If you guys get another piece of English walnut like this one let me know and we'll do it all again.....Seriously, we will....

JeffVN

That is a beautiful stock.
And I agree, life is to short to hunt with an ugly gun.
Congrats.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.