New .408 hunting bullet

gfc91658

I have a picture of a new .408 bonded hunting bullet that will be avalible soon but can't figure out how to attach the file. Can someone help me out?

Here are a couple of pics I'm posting for "gfc91658". I'll let him provide the description etc. for each pic, that way I won't mess it all up.;)

DSCF0098.jpg

DSCF0070.jpg

Thanks again Dick for posting the pics for me they look great. And as for .30 cal bullets, don't have any in the works yet. I'll have a .416 and a .375 VLD bullets later this year.
The expanded .408 bullet retainde 80% of its original weight and was just over 1 inch in diameter after recovered from the test media.

What weight/weights will be offered, price, availability, B.C.? Same projections for the .375?

Thanks

Thanks again Dick for posting the pics for me they look great. And as for .30 cal bullets, don't have any in the works yet. I'll have a .416 and a .375 VLD bullets later this year.
The expanded .408 bullet retainde 80% of its original weight and was just over 1 inch in diameter after recovered from the test media.

I got the FMJ's you sent me, i will be testing them shortly. Look very good.

Dave

The .375 will have a 13s ojive, rbbt, and will be in the weight range of 350gr. to 380gr. We will offer the bullet in a FMJ , bonded poly and alum. tip type bullets. Same as what we offer now in the .408 now. As soon as we get the testing done on this bullet I will post some pictures and more information.

Thats great! Would like to see an jacketed lead aluminum tip .375 bullet with a bc of .90 or greater. It would make these .375-408 rifles long range bombers for sure.

We'll work on getting a very good .375 bullet for everyone. But keep in mind that in order to make a bullet with a really high BC number the bullets can become unstable in certain atmospheric conditions and certain rifles. And what good is a bullet with a really high BC that is not stable all of the time. The trick is to make a bullet that will be accurate all the time, and that is what we try to do. So don't get to hung up on these really high BC number, a really accurate bullet is much better.

George

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.