New 338 Brl.????

BADGER

I've got a Savage 116 in 338 Win Mag. that I shoot alot at the range and it's done it's job on 3 Elk.
The accuracy has really declined with this rifle (think the brl. is shot out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif).Can you tell me what kind of options I have in changing barrels and maybe calibers using the same action (It's still tight) and reccomend someone who specializes Savage work,because I'm also considering a different trigger.

Thanks....

Badger

sharp shooter supply has pre chamered douglas barrel xx grade for 250 dollars they have custom stocks that are fiberglas with aluminum bedding blocks that are as nice as mc millian. They also have triggers that are adjustable down to a pound and you can use your factory saftey, they work great. The savage actions are hard to beat, cheap stocks, interchange able bolt heads, and barrel nut that headspaces the barrel. I only been using savage actions for my custom guns and have been very happy with them.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.